B'reisheet (parsha) Haftarah

Yeshayahu 42:5 - 43:10

Yeshayahu 42:5 Thus said the Ěl, יהוה, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it, and spirit to those who walk on it:

Yeshayahu 42:6 “I, יהוה, have called You in righteousness, and I take hold of Your hand and guard You, and give You for a covenant to a people, for a light to the gentiles,

Yeshayahu 42:7 to open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

Yeshayahu 42:8 “I am יהוה, that is My Name, and My esteem I do not give to another, nor My praise to idols.

Yeshayahu 42:9 “See, the former predictions have come, and new ones I am declaring; before they spring forth I let you hear them.”

Yeshayahu 42:10 Sing to יהוה a new song; His praise from the ends of the earth, you who go down to the sea, and all that is in it, you coastlands and you inhabitants of them!

Yeshayahu 42:11 Let the wilderness and its cities lift up their voice, the villages where Qĕḏar dwells. Let the inhabitants of Sela sing, let them shout from the top of the mountains.

Yeshayahu 42:12 Let them give esteem to יהוה, and declare His praise in the coastlands.

Yeshayahu 42:13 יהוה goes forth like a mighty man. He stirs up ardor like a fighter. He cries out, yea, shout aloud. Over His enemies He shows Himself mighty.

Yeshayahu 42:14 “I have kept silent from of old, I have been still and held Myself back. Like a woman in labor I now cry out, I pant and gasp at once.

Yeshayahu 42:15 “I lay waste mountains and hills, and I dry up all their plants. And I shall make rivers become coastlands, and I dry up pools.

Yeshayahu 42:16 “And I shall lead the blind by a way they have not known – in paths they have not known I lead them. I make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These matters I shall do for them, and I shall not forsake them.

Yeshayahu 42:17 “Those who trust in idols, who say to the molded images, ‘You are our mighty ones,’ shall be turned back, utterly ashamed.

Yeshayahu 42:18 “Hear, you deaf! And look, you blind, and see.

Yeshayahu 42:19 “Who is blind but My servant, or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is at peace, and blind as servant of יהוה?

Yeshayahu 42:20 “You see much, but do not observe; ears are open, but do not hear.”

Yeshayahu 42:21 It has delighted יהוה, for the sake of His righteousness, to make the Torah great and esteemed.

Yeshayahu 42:22 But this is a people robbed and plundered, all of them are snared in holes, and they are hidden in prison houses. They have become a prey, with no one to deliver – for plunder, and no one to say, “Restore!”

Yeshayahu 42:23 Who among you gives ear to this, pays attention and hears for the time to come?

Yeshayahu 42:24 Who gave Yaʽaqoḇ for plunder, and Yisra’ĕl to the robbers? Was it not יהוה, He against whom we sinned? For they would not walk in His ways, and they did not obey His Torah!

Yeshayahu 42:25 So He has poured on him His burning displeasure and the strength of battle, and it set him on fire all around, yet he did not understand. And it burned against him, yet he did not take it to heart!

Yeshayahu 43:1 But now, thus said יהוה, your Creator, O Yaʽaqoḇ, and He who formed you, O Yisra’ĕl, “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you. I have called you by your name, you are Mine.

Yeshayahu 43:2 “When you pass through the waters, I am with you; and through rivers, they do not overflow you. When you walk through fire, you are not scorched, and a flame does not burn you.

Yeshayahu 43:3 “For I am יהוה your Elohim, the Set-apart One of Yisra’ĕl, your Saviour; I gave Mitsrayim for your ransom, Kush and Seḇa in your place.

Yeshayahu 43:4 “Since you were precious in My eyes, you have been esteemed, and I have loved you. And I give men in your place, and peoples for your life.

Yeshayahu 43:5 “Do not fear, for I am with you. I shall bring your seed from the east, and gather you from the west.

Yeshayahu 43:6 “I shall say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ And to the south, ‘Do not keep them back!’ Bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth –

Yeshayahu 43:7 all those who are called by My Name, whom I have created, formed, even made for My esteem.”

Yeshayahu 43:8 He shall bring out a blind people who have eyes, and deaf ones who have ears.

Yeshayahu 43:9 All the nations shall be assembled, and the peoples be gathered. Who among them declares this, and show us former events? Let them give their witnesses, to be declared right; or let them hear and say, “It is truth.”

Yeshayahu 43:10 “You are My witnesses,” declares יהוה, “And My servant whom I have chosen, so that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no Ěl formed, nor after Me there is none.